Office of Equity and Diversity
Our Vision is to build and sustain an inclusive campus community that values and respects all members of the University community.
Our Mission is to provide university-wide leadership in developing and implementing initiatives that promote access to and diversity within our student, faculty and staff communities.
一道本不卡免费高清The Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), a unit within the Office of the President, serves the campus in two primary roles. OED provides leadership, resources, and services to the university community, and advocates for and supports the enhancement of diversity programming campus-wide to include diversity across the curriculum. OED fulfills an important compliance function by communicating and abiding by legal mandates per state and federal law, and university policies as they relate to civil rights, equal employment, and affirmative action. It serves to:
- broaden diversification of the University work force at all levels.
- policy review and monitoring of institutional diversity
- diversity education, training and consultation
- recruitment and retention of students from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- increase sensitivity toward differences
- heighten awareness of nondiscrimination
一道本不卡免费高清Methods used to achieve these objectives include
- compliance activities
- supervisory and department training
- program development
The OED has responsibility for the resolution of discrimination and harassment complaints including complaints on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, religion, disability, age, special disabled veteran status, Vietnam-era veteran status, and citizenship.
To make an appointment or discuss a concern, please contact: