Need help juggling your responsibilities?
The Counseling Center provides free, confidential, personal counseling and support to all students at SSU. We know that college life is a transitional period marked by change, pressure and stress. Therefore, our goal is to help students understand this period, find ways of coping and grow from their experiences.
一道本不卡免费高清All SSU student interested in arranging an appointment can call (912) 358-3129 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday - Friday. Walk-Ins are also welcome, but must yield to those with appointments. Student Affairs staff members are on call in case of an emergency
一道本不卡免费高清To provide developmental, remedial, educational, preventive and consultative/training services which will assist students to grow and experience personal and academic success within the educational framework.
一道本不卡免费高清The goals of the Savannah State University Counseling Services goals are to:
- Provide professional and quality, student-centered services
- Create an atmosphere of trust and competency that promotes students’ change and growth
- Implement innovative techniques and strategies to address the needs of students with various diagnoses
- Collaborate with Savannah State University community and the community at large to create programming and services for the students
一道本不卡免费高清The Counseling Center is a multifaceted unit which has ten main objectives:
- To assist students to achieve academic success
- To provide individual counseling services to students
- To provide counseling/support groups, outreach, and workshops (staff, faculty and students)
- To provide an internship/practicum educational experience for undergraduate/graduate student
- To maintain a strong working relationships with Residence Life, Admissions, Academic Affairs, Career Services, SSU Police, Health Services, International Studies, Registrar’s Office, Equity and Diversity, Student Conduct, Scholarships and Financial Aid, Student Life, Greek Life and other campus offices
- To provide on-call emergency/crisis intervention services
- To provide consultation and collaborative services to faculty and staff and other members of the university community
- To conduct outcomes assessment, evaluation studies, and applied research
- To create and maintain relationships with community resources
Counseling Learning OutcomesStudents who receive counseling services should, upon completion of required sessions be:
- Able to do positive and realistic self appraisal
- Able to recognize triggers and obstacles that hamper goal achievement
- Able to demonstrate healthy help seeking behaviors
- Able to develop personal goals and objectives to address problems or concerns
- Able to articulate what confidentiality is and identify at least one exemption to absolute confidentiality
- Able to use at least one community resource
- Linked to appropriate referral services as needed
- Able to learn how to choose behaviors and environments that promote health and reduce risk
- Able to identify personal skills and strengths to use in problem solving
The Counseling Center is located on the 2nd Floor of the King Frazier Complex一道本不卡免费高清, Room 233.